Google Ads Case Study

In 2018, we decided to do a complete refresh of a B2B client’s Google Ads account to drastically improve the efficiency of digital ad dollars. We made over 800 changes to keywords, ad copy and bidding strategy over the course of a month. The client maintained its average of just over 100 conversions per month at nearly half the cost. This case study is constantly a reminder to our team of the importance of attention to detail and technical skills in paid search advertising.

Objective: 

Reduce the Google Ads budget while maintaining conversions and increasing conversion rate.

Strategy: 

Eliminate underperforming or nonperforming keywords, keeping only keywords that have historically driven more than 1 conversion per month. Adjust ad copy and bidding strategy to make ads and bids as relevant to the client’s goals as possible.

Results: 

  • Decreased average cost-per-conversion by 34%
  • Increased conversion rate by 58%
  • Reduced overall cost by 46%
  • Absolute number of conversions remained nearly the same (+2%), which reflects a dramatic improvement in the efficiency of Google Ads spend

Additionally, paste this code immediately after the opening tag: