How Prioritizing Work-Life Balance Contributes to Client Success
At OpGo Marketing, we prioritize work-life balance for all of our employees. Without a healthy work-life balance, we believe we aren’t providing our team the chance to perform at the level they are capable of. Providing our employees with the option to work remotely helps create an environment where empowerment within our team can flourish. The opportunity to implement a more flexible work schedule gives our employees the ability to tailor their experience with work around what makes the most sense for them.
Historically a flexible working environment like ours was not seen in many companies, but it is something that OpGo Marketing has continued to see a positive impact from.
How healthy work-life balance is reflected in our work
We value and prioritize the importance of work-life balance because of the effects it can have on employees and your company as a whole. No matter what industry you work in, your personal life should always be the priority. Balancing your professional and personal life can be hard to navigate, but it is essential. Start by evaluating what things are most important in both your professional and personal life. Then create boundaries for yourself and stick to them. A healthy work-life balance is achieved over time, not each and every day.
Work-life balance isn’t so much about splitting your time evenly but instead making sure you feel fulfilled in both areas of your life. Know that each day is going to look a little different. The truth is, there really is no ‘perfect’ work-life balance, and it is going to look different for all of us.
Work towards a maintainable and realistic schedule, not a perfect one.
A healthy work-life balance may look like this:
- Not being afraid to unplug and unwind. Meet your deadlines at work while still having time for refreshing activities and socialization in your personal life. Commit to a time where you will put your computer down and unplug for the day.
- Dedicating time to your physical health. We all know sitting in front of a screen is not good for your health. Prioritize having enough time to sleep properly, eat well, and move your body.
- Not worrying about work when you’re off the clock. Set a boundary and don’t be afraid to unplug. This can be harder for fully remote employees because their office and workspace are the same. A great place to start is by turning your work notifications to “do not disturb.”
- Exploring new working environments. Take advantage of days with no client meetings. Inspiration is all around you. A change of scenery provides a mental refresher and in turn, our team can offer more creative solutions for client work. Try out a new coffee place, work from your patio or try a shared office space.
- Prioritizing your mental health. No matter who you are, at some point, you will burn out and hit a wall. It is inevitable. Make it a point to prioritize things that enhance your personal development. It is okay to take a breather from work, it shouldn’t be consuming your life.
It is important to know that just because you are the youngest or newest team member, it doesn’t mean you don’t need time to reset. At OpGo, we are a team made up of young professionals so we can’t stress this point enough.
Empowering a passionate team through flexibility
We are directly seeing how remote-friendly and hybrid management is making an impact on our team of young professionals. Many employers are slow to let their employees work from home because there is an underlying fear of diminished productivity. At OpGo, we couldn’t disagree more. We find that those who have the option to work from home are more productive and passionate about their work.
Work-life flexibility is empowering our young team to have a higher level of productivity and motivation in the workplace. There is less stress because they don’t need to worry about things like commuting, calling in sick, caring for their children, or other obstacles faced by office workers. Empowerment within a team creates a drive and motivation like no other.
A team culture that our clients can see
A team’s work enjoyment has a direct impact on client relations. Improved communication is the biggest benefit we have seen. Remote work only works through constant, consistent, and clear communication within the team. At OpGo, our team culture encompasses this type of strong communication, which has had a direct and positive impact on our client relations.
Allowing employees to develop their craft and find their passion creates an environment where they can perform best. We have found that our young team of self-starters has not only helped grow our business, but is continually helping our clients grow theirs. Each team member is happy to take ownership of their work and is eager to continue learning and growing.
As a team, we are passionate about making a difference –which is why we focus on continued performance. We want to see all of our clients have continued success, spending less
time doing marketing and more time generating revenue. Here at OpGo Marketing, we prioritize finding a work-life balance customized to each individual’s needs so that we can continue to focus on exceeding your expectations and fulfilling your marketing needs.